Sunday, November 20, 2011

New Brockington


Minecraft has finally been officially released!  While this really doesn't mean that much, it does mean we got a big update and we can expect more interesting updates in the future.  It has been several, several months since my last Minecraft binge, and I was anxious to see all of the new features added since then, so I decided to embark on a project.

Whereas before I had only played on online servers, I am going to now play single player.  The truth is that I really don't play with anyone in particular, and twice now extremely time-consuming creations have been deleted so that the server's world could start over.  The pain this causes me is quite immense.  But now I can control everything in my game that I want, and build to my heart's content.

I plan to build a town, single-handedly.  It will be named New Brockington, a nod to my first great creation.  Streets will create a lattice for buildings to stand on, encircling a great wooden hall perched on top of a mountain.  I will try and document the progress of New Brockington, with fanciful speech and spectacular screenshots.  I'm hoping this'll be fun!


Behold, my humble beginnings!  At the foot of a tall mountain there ran a natural cave, splitting off into meandering passageways deeper within the great mound.  Closing the entrance off, I set up a temporary base composed of a furnace, a crafting table, and a storage chest.  Delving deeper down the natural corridors, I soon scouted out the various points of the mountain in which I presided.  As I climbed the rough slopes to the summit, an image entered my mind:  a great Herot, perched on the mountaintop, as a hunting lodge and base for my construction projects to spring from.  I soon set to leveling the mountaintop, and laid down the cobblestone foundation.  The walls are to be made of simple, unprocessed wood logs, and I've yet to determine what I am going to make the ceiling out of.  Wooden planks is a possibility.


From the Great Hall, I intend to build a road to the lower sections of the surrounding countryside, and to eventually build the corresponding village.  I look forward to developing my new Minecraft world!

No comments:

Post a Comment